As a business operating in New Zealand we take the impact we have on the environment very seriously. We constantly review our operation to see if we can be doing a better job at minimising our footprint both out on the road with our fleet and in our offices.
Below are a few steps we have taken as a company to minimise our office footprint.
- We have installed a 5250 litre water tank connected to the roof to catch rain water to wash our Spaceships with.
- We have clothes lines to dry laundry and try to minimise the use of dryers
- Our warehouses have sky lights so very minimal lighting is needed
- We have a trading box where Space Travellers can leave behind a variety of items for other travellers instead of throwing it away
- We separate all paper, plastic, general rubbish and cardboard for recycling
- Staff car pooling is encouraged and goes on between customer service staff
- Sales staff use scooters instead of cars
- Some staff and customers use the train instead of cars
- Most of our toilets have a half flush option
Measures to reduce the fleet footprint
- All new fleet purchases are late model vehicles with lower emissions/fuel economy.
- We have planted over 40,000 native plants and trees over the past 6 years.
Get an instant quote