After-hours campervan hire: it's a free service at Spaceships
There's no need to stress when picking up a Spaceships campervan. We offer a free after-hours pick-up and drop-off service. This service is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year! This means you can pick up your Spaceship campervan whenever it suits you. However, this free service must be prearranged and authorised by Spaceships. And this is how to do it...
Free after-hours campervan pick-up & drop-off
If you would like to pick up or drop off your Spaceships campervan in Auckland or Christchurch outside office hours (that's any day of the week before 9 am or after 4 pm), you'll need to pre-arrange our free after-hours service.
How to arrange the after-hours service
It's easy to arrange this free service.
- Book your Spaceships campervan (no need to worry about the time you select in the booking engine)
- Let us know that you would like to use the free after-hours service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Pre-Arrival Check-in (online form) that you'll receive from us
- Also, send us a photocopy of your driving licence (in English or the original plus an International Driving Licence): email@example.com. More info about using your overseas driving licence in New Zealand.
- Make sure you have paid the full amount of your rental agreement. If you need to pay the remainder of your balance you can use the secure Spaceships payment link.
- For after-hours drop-offs, just contact us in advance on 0800 772 237 (freephone while in New Zealand).
Exceptions to the after-hours pickup service
At the moment the Dream Sleeper Mini can only be picked up during office hours in Auckland and Christchurch. Sorry. But our Dream Sleeper Mini is a unique luxury campervan with different features than our other campervans. We really need to show you all those awesome features personally.
All other campervans can be picked up after-hours! No worries.
Questions about the after-hours pickup & drop-off service
Even more information about our free after-hours can be found in the Q&A below.
Can I book the after-hours service online?
Yes. Simply, get a quote online and follow the steps mentioned above. It's important to fill out the Pre-Arrival Check-in form (online) as soon as you've received it. Also, don't forget to pay the remaining balance and send us a copy of your driving licence.
Is full payment required to use the after-hours service?
Yes. You either pay the remaining balance via our secure payment link or you authorize us to charge the credit card we have on file. We'll need to process your payment 3 days before your requested pickup day.
When you book your Spaceships campervan online, you'll 2 payment options:
- Option 1. A 20% non-refundable deposit
- Option 2. Pay in full
Full payment is required if your booking is made within 3 days of your intended pick up date.
Will a staff member be on-site when I pick up my campervan after-hours?
No. Staff members are only on-site during office hours. When you're going for an after-hours pickup we'll send you an email with all the info about where to find your campervan, how to get to the keys and how to use your campervan.
Do I need to have the All-Inclusive insurance?
No. But we do recommend that you select this option. To reduce the risk of any unforeseen damages on the return of the vehicle outside of our office hours we recommend selecting the All-Inclusive insurance option for complete peace of mind. Please refer to clause 22 in our terms and conditions for more information
Any tips when I pick up my campervan late?
Is your question not answered?
Feel free to contact us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 772 237 (freephone within New Zealand) or +6495262130 from overseas. Or use the live chat button at the bottom of this page (available on weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm, New Zealand time)
We look forward to welcoming you to New Zealand soon!