How to go camping in New Zealand with a baby
Travelling in New Zealand with a baby is easy. At Spaceships we like to make it even easier for you. We have several child seat options, so you can hire a campervan with a baby and enjoy this beautiful country.
A beautiful country that is perfect for your family holiday. Or as the Kidspot blog says: "New Zealand ticks all the family-friendly boxes when it comes to a holiday" (read the full blog post about the kid friendliness of New Zealand).
Campervan hire with a baby
Travelling in a Spaceship campervan with your baby is easy. The rear seating system provides the extra seating required and we have anchor points installed for the child seats. There are two child seat options available for hire with your camper from Spaceships.
- For infants to approximately four-year-old children we provide the Safe n Sound Guardian Car Seat. The cost is $50 for the duration of your hire.
- For children 15-34 kg or approximately 4-8 years, we have a booster seat option for $50 for the duration of your hire.
We advise only one child seat option being fitted. All seats need to be pre-booked. We can help fit but the responsibility of fitting the seat correctly is with the parents or person hiring the vehicle.
Our seats were purchased in April 2013 and meet the New Zealand and Australian safety standards. They are valid for 10 years.
Safe n Sound Guardian car seat
- Suitable from birth to approx 4 years
- Shoulder height markers provide guidance of age use
- Deep Contour wings to provide added protection in the event of a crash
- Grows with your child from baby car seat to toddler car seat
- Cushioned baby insert for additional support
- Retractable stabilising bar
- Head pillow
- Shoulder Pads
- Messy Mat
- Storage Pockets
The Infa Secure Versatile Booster
- Tested and Approved to the AS/NZ Standard
- Suitable from 4 to 8 years of age approx
- Lightweight design under 2kgs
- No teether Strap required
- Ideal Travel Booster Seat - Energy Absorption for enhanced seat protection
- Folding Booster Seat
Customers' experience: camping with a baby in New Zealand
The Ardent Traveler (travel bloggers) recently travelled with a baby in a Spaceships campervan. Here's a quote from their travel experience: "Additionally, the MPV had many compartments for diapers and other baby gear and curtains to block the sun out when he was having his morning and afternoon naps. The spacious luggage storage at the back of the vehicle was also big enough for us to put away a medium-size trolley bag, a 60-litre backpack and other baby paraphernalia, and still had extra space for at least one more bag."