How to turn great content into discounted or free travel
Posted on 27/05/2020 by Spaceships Crew
Content creator, we are looking for you. This is your chance to do a New Zealand road trip at a discounted rate or for free. Spaceships Campervan Rentals loves working with content creators, like travel bloggers, photographers/videographers or social influencers. Have a creative idea? We love to hear it.
We're looking for content creators
No matter the kind of content you like to create, there’s always a way to work with us and to get cheap or free travel... And for your content to be seen by travellers from all over the world. But first, what kind of content creator are you?
We’re always on the lookout for travel bloggers who are eager to create inspirational posts about their road trip in New Zealand. You can publish the blog post on your personal travel blog or a travel blog that you work for. We're flexible.
As we have specific wishes for content throughout the year, it’s best that if you’re a travel blogger willing to create content for us to contact us by filling out this form. Tell us a bit about your background, your blog and your travel plans.
Photographer and/or Videographer
Each of our campervans is different. There are 4 types of Spaceships campervans and each Spaceship has a different name. One thing they all have in common is that they love being photographed in amazing places throughout New Zealand. Some of them even like to star in a video about your road trip while visiting typical New Zealand landmarks or scenery.
Throughout the year we have specific wishes for photo or video material, so feel free to contact us. Give us some details about your background, your photographer's skill and your travel plans in that email. We love to work with content creators like you. Let's show the world how awesome a #spaceshipsroadtrip in New Zealand is.
Are you the Instagram photo wizard or Facebook magician that can give us extra exposure to a specific target audience, then we’re looking for you.
Social influencers can contact us to explain what you can do for our brand. And we’ll reward you accordingly if we work together on a project. Contact us today and tell us a bit about yourself and your plans.
Are you ready to hit the road in New Zealand to create content for us? Great. Contact our Marketing Geek and include the following info:
- Type content you would like to create: photo, video, blog posts or Instagram posts
- Travel dates & pick-up & drop-off locations
- Links to your portfolio, blog or social media accounts
- Your contact details
This all needs to be done before a campervan can be booked. All content creator/collab projects will need to be approved before the start of your trip! Please don't book your Spaceship yourself!
Best time of the year for a collab project
Our content wishlist changes all the time and so do our content creator or collab projects.
- December & January: no projects will be available
- February & March: low need for new content
- April to September: best time of the year for a collab/content creator project
- October - November: some projects available, contact us.
If your travel dates are flexible or you're not sure yet when you want to travel, just contact us. We love to chat about creative opportunities, collab projects and more.
Discount-for-content: rewarding awesome content
Fun, creative content is important to us. Show the world how amazing it is to travel through New Zealand on a Spaceship. And we’ll reward you for it, either with a discount on campervan hire, free travel or by creating a paid, freelance project for you.
The discount level (yes, also the full 100% aka a free trip) depends on many factors, for instance:
- The quality of the content
- Your skills
- Where it will be posted or how it's going to be used.
- ... To name some of the factors we take into account
Anyone can be a content creator for Spaceships
Our programme for content creators is for travel bloggers, photographers and social influencers of all levels. We'll tailor the reward to what your content is worth. Our motto is: great content will always be rewarded. No worries. If you create great content for us, we’ll reward you for it.
More info about the discount/reward
Why a discount afterwards you might ask? Well, we want to make sure we only work with real content creators (travel bloggers, photographers or social influencers). People who can and will create content and aren’t just looking for cheap travel. If you’re looking for just a discount on campervan hire (and aren’t interested in creating content), we have the following programme for you…
Looking for a discount on campervan hire? (and not creating content?)
If you’re not a content creator but just looking for a discount on campervan hire, then we have another programme for you. Check out our super low rates and deals throughout the year.
Dos & don’ts of the content creation programme
- Travel bloggers need to have their own travel blog (on its own domain, e.g. yourblog.com) or work for an established travel blog.
- Photographers & videographers need to have their own equipment, as you know exactly which brand works best for you.
- Social Influencers need to have at least one social media account with a substantial number of followers and a ditto engagement rate.
- We’ll never tell you how to do your job as a content creator, so we won’t give you a strict briefing. It’s just a briefing about what we expect and what you’ll get in return: discount, free campervan hire or a paid freelance project.
As soon as we know who you are, what your travel plans are and what you can do for us, we can check availability and talk about the details of a content creation project with you. Let’s chat, contact us today.
Creating content around the world
Planning to visit more countries than just New Zealand? Then have a look at where you'll find Spaceships as well. Our overseas mates are also looking forward to working with creative content creators like you.
- Australia: travel bloggers and photographers needed in OZ
- United Kingdom: create content about road trip in the UK and/or Europe