Spaceships depot in Auckland (North Island)
It’s super easy to pick up your Spaceships campervan in Auckland. Our depot is located between Auckland airport and the city, so we’re only 15 minutes away. We can make your campervan hire in Auckland even easier. If you are hiring for 21 days or more, you get a free transfer from Auckland airport or the city to our depot. Easy as!
Spaceships campervan hire Auckland depot address
60 Walls Road
Free phone 0800 772 237 for reservations and enquiries or 09 526 2137 or +64 9 526 2130.
Opening hours of Spaceships campervan hire Auckland
- Opening hours summer (between 30 September 2019 and 31 May 2020): 8am - 5pm 7 days a week
- Opening hours winter (between 1 June 2020 and 4 October 2020): Monday to Saturday (6 days a week), from 8am to 5pm
- Closed on 25 December and 1 January
- After-hours pick-up & drop-off: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! See for more info about this free service.
Please contact us to arrange an after-hours pick-up or drop-off (it's a free service).
- Free phone 0800 772 237 for reservations and enquiries
- Or 09 526 2137 or +64 9 526 2130 from overseas
- Email: email@example.com
Getting to the Spaceships Auckland depot is easy, whether you're coming from Auckland Airport or the city. Simply call us on our free number 0800 772 237 (freephone within in New Zealand, also with an overseas SIM) and we'll arrange a transfer taxi. The taxi company we use is called Discount Taxi.
The transfer to our Auckland depot is free if you're hiring a Spaceship for 21 days or longer... Or if you have used a special deal. For others, it'll be a fixed fare of:
- $30 to/from the city centre to our depot
- $35 from our depot to Auckland airport
- $40 from Auckland airport to our depot
If you prefer there is also the option of using public transport:
- From Auckland airport: bus 380 (Airporter) to Onehunga, train to Penrose station, then walk 10 to 15 minutes to our depot.
- From the city centre (CBD): take the Onehunga train or Southern train to Penrose station. Then walk 10 to 15 minutes to our depot.
What to bring at pick-up to the Auckland depot?
Picking up a Spaceships campervan is an easy and fun process. You don't need to bring much to the depot. Just make sure you have your original national driving licence on you. See for more info about the pick-up process, what to bring and how we made the pick-up process easy and fun. Sneak preview: free coffee, free WiFi and free arcade games. It's fun being and staying a bit longer at our Auckland depot.
Holiday parks & camping grounds in Auckland (area)
Looking for a place to stay in Auckland after picking up your campervan? Get a good night's rest at these holiday parks. All are easy to reach with your Spaceships campervan. Book your Auckland accommodation online at the best rates available in the market. Some examples of accommodation in the area of our Auckland depot:
Remuera Motor Lodge (5 km from the Spaceships depot)
- Camping ground: park-like grounds, suitable for both campervans and tents
- Facilities: toilet and shower block (no charge for showers), laundry with washing machines and dryer, wireless internet, and more.
- Address: 16 Minto Road, Remuera 1050, Auckland
Takapuna Beach Holiday Park (20 km from the Spaceships depot)
22 The Promenade, Takapuna
Orewa Beach Top 10 Holiday Park (43 km from the Spaceships depot)
265 Hibiscus Coast Highway
Or download the Spaceships smartphone app for free and see all the awesome places you can stay at in the Auckland area. The city has so much to offer, but also its surrounding area.
Auckland: explore the area with your Spaceship
Over 1 million people live in the city of Auckland. That's more than a quarter of the population in New Zealand. Auckland is built between the Manukau and Waitemata Harbours. The city's nickname 'City of Sails' is easy to understand as soon as you look over the waters. Many Aucklanders own a boat to enjoy a beautiful day on the water.
You'll find more than 40 volcanoes in the region. The oldest being 150,000 years old, while the youngest (Rangitoto Island) formed only 600 years ago. Other well-known volcanoes are One Tree Hill and Mt Eden. (more info)
Places in Auckland worth checking out
- Devonport on the North Shore
- Waiheke Island
- Great Barrier Island
- Auckland Domain
- The Shops
- Dolphin trip
- Sky Tower Jump
- America's Cup yacht racing
North of Auckland
- Matakana Markets (in the weekend)
- Goat Island Marine Reserve
- The Regional Parks (in particular Tawharanui Regional Park)
- Bay of Islands
- Native Bird Recovery Centre
- Haruru Falls
- Ninety Mile Beach
- Cape Reinga
South of Auckland
- Manukau Heads
- Awhitu Peninsula
- Hunua Falls
- Plane spotting at Auckland Airport
- Otuataua Stonefields Historic Reserve
And that's only the start of your road trip in New Zealand. After you're done exploring Auckland and its surroundings you're ready to hit the road and see the rest of the country. It's easy with your Spaceships campervan as it drives like a car. And you're allowed to drive on gravel roads so you can get off the beaten path.
Want to explore both islands?
At Spaceships we like to make your travels as easy as possible. This also means that we don't charge one-way fees. You can pick-up your campervan hire in Auckland and drop it off in Christchurch. Or the other way around. So what are you waiting for?