Come to the Orange Side... Join the Spaceships Crew
“You will know when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defence, never for attack.”
Yep, that’s a classic quote from Star Wars. You probably recognised Yoda's wisdom… If you didn't then no worries, you can still work at Spaceships. We’ll just teach you about all the sci-fi classics, from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy to Back to the Future.
You’ll get used to our geekiness… For example, all Spaceships campervans are named after characters from games, movies or geek culture in general.
Why join the Spaceships Crew?
We’re a fun bunch that is focussed on making sure our customers have a great time while road tripping in New Zealand. Our promises guarantee it. All crew members (from groomers to the End Boss) work together to make this possible on a daily basis.
Oh and we have (semi-)professional coffee machines at our depots, so caffeine-wise you’re sorted. We also have regular meet-ups and get-togethers to have fun and enjoy some craft beers (or craft lemonade). It’s fun being a Space Traveller (customer) and it’s fun being a Spaceships Geek (crew member).
Will you join us?
Throughout the year, we'll post our current vacancies or job openings on this page. If you think you can add value to our brand, but there aren't any job openings, feel free to send us an open application.
Vacancy: Customer Service Assistant
We're looking to recruit Customer Service Superstars for our depots in Auckland and Christchurch. We are looking for a real team player who is prepared to get stuck in and help out where needed. A bubbly and happy to help approach to customer care is required, along with being well-organised. You will deal with our lovely customers on a daily basis.
- Hours: full time, 40 hours a week (occasional overtime required)
- Working days: 5 days a week, working weekends is required (our depot are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year)
- Availability: no job openings right now (send in your CV as open application)
- Location (Auckland): 60 Walls Road, Penrose in Auckland (easy to reach by car, train or bus)
- Location (Christchurch): ** no availability ** at 160 Orchard Road, Harewood in Christchurch (2 km from the airport)
- Driving licence required
- You must have the right to work in New Zealand (NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa)
This is a front line role involving face-to-face customer contact with clients who hire “Spaceships”. As the face of the company, you must ensure you provide exceptional customer service to all clients as they embark on their Spaceship experience, and ensure accuracy with administrative tasks. The ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure is paramount to success in this role.
Skills & experience
Front office/customer service skills
- First-hand experience in outdoor adventure
- Enthusiasm for travel and tourism
- A positive and energetic personality with a happy to help attitude
- 5+ years customer service experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Quick and alert and able to adapt and be flexible.
- Assist and help customers with vehicle demonstrations
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Assist the Supervisor in all jobs to make sure all areas are fully functional.
- Seek to constantly improve vehicle dispatch procedure.
- Excellent product knowledge
- Competency handling direct, email, and phone enquiry.
- Follow up on every quotation to ensure 100% conversion rate.
- Monitoring competitor behaviour.
- Intensive care on upcoming deals and promotions.
- Up sell insurance, accessories and merchandise.
- Report to Sales Manager.
- Report any issues to the Front Office Supervisor or Sales Manager
- Being able to speak another language (French, Spanish, German, Chinese) would be great.
- Any other duties or tasks that may be reasonably assigned to the role from time to time
You in a nutshell
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- An outgoing and “happy to help” personality
- Computer literacy
- Ability to sell in a retail environment
- Accuracy in data entry
- Ability to use initiative, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good communications skills
- Ability to listen and empathise
- Knowledge of New Zealand, it’s geography and attractions
- Strong time management skills
- Good communicator
Did we just describe you? Then send us your application (motivation/cover letter and CV). We're looking forward to reading it and to meet you IRL.
|Apply now: Auckland role||Apply now: Christchurch role|
Or email your application to [email protected] (make sure to mention whether you're applying for the Auckland or Christchurch role).