Lions 2017: cities and fixtures
- 3 June 2017 in Whangarei: New Zealand Provincial Barbarians vs The British & Irish Lions (7 - 13)
- 7 June 2017 in Auckland: Blues vs The British & Irish Lions (22 - 16)
- 10 June 2017 in Christchurch: Crusaders vs The British & Irish Lions (3 - 12)
- 13 June 2017 in Dunedin: Highlanders vs The British & Irish Lions (23 - 22)
- 17 June 2017 in Rotorua: Maori All Blacks vs The British & Irish Lions (10 - 32)
- 20 June 2017 in Hamilton: Chiefs vs The British & Irish Lions (6 - 34)
- 24 June 2017 in Auckland: All Blacks vs The British & Irish Lions (30 - 15)
- 27 June 2017 in Wellington: Hurricanes vs The British & Irish Lions (31 - 31)
- 1 July 2017 in Wellington: All Blacks vs The British & Irish Lions (21 - 24)
- 8 July 2017 in Auckland: All Blacks vs The British & Irish Lions (15 - 15)
Getting to and from the host cities
All Spaceships campervans drive like a regular car but are packed with features like a campervan. They are the perfect vehicle for your Lions 2017 road trip. You can go (freedom) camping and/or stay in motels or hostels; it's up to you. Total freedom.
From Auckland to the North Island fixtures
Our depot in Auckland is located in Penrose, which is easy to reach from both Auckland Airport as the city centre. Picking up your campervan after hours is free of charge. Oh and as we don't charge any one-way fee you can also drop the vehicle off in Christchurch. No worries.
Start planning your rugby road trip.
- Auckland to Whangarei is 167 km, a 2 hours and 15 minutes drive
- Whangarei to Rotorua is 385 km, a 5 hours drive
- Rotorua to Hamilton is 106 km, a 1 hour and 20 minutes drive
- Hamilton to Auckland is 125 km, a 1 hour and 40 minutes drive
- Auckland to Wellington is 640 km, a 8 hours drive
But that's point-to-point, along the way you'll find so many awesome things to do and see. It's better to take is slow and easy on your New Zealand road trip.
From Christchurch to the South Island fixtures
The Spaceships Christchurch depot is just as easy to reach, from the city as well as from the airport. And the same applies here, free after-hours service and no one-way fees.
Now that your campervan is sorted, you can start your rugby road trip on the South Island. It's 350 kilometres from Christchurch to Dunedin, and it'll take you 4.5 hours.
New Zealand Lions series tickets info
Get your Lions 2017 tickets from the official ticket site before they're gone. As with all event tickets, only buy yours from official sources. Don't give scalpers a chance.
Keep in mind that heaps of rugby fans will travel to New Zealand for this event. Accommodation and car & campervan hires are likely to be fully booked, even though June is usually not a busy season in New Zealand.
However, major events like the Lions 2017 series will make it a busy season, so make sure to book your campervan as soon as possible. You don't want to miss out on a good deal now.
Making the most of your Lions 2017 trip
New Zealand has much more to offer than just the Lions 2017 games. Check out these road trip suggestions: