How to change a tyre
A flat tyre can always happen. In your home country with your own car, but also here in New Zealand while on your Spaceships road trip. Your Spaceship is equipped with a spare tyre. To change a tyre is just as easy as on any regular car. If you have never changed a tyre before or you need a refresher course, the tips and videos on this page will help you out.
As a flat tyre is a non-mechanical fault the call-out costs of using the 24-hours roadside service by NZRA, will be your cost regardless of the insurance option you have selected. See for more info our Terms & Conditions.
Safety tips before you change the tyre
- No one should be in your Spaceship when replacing a tyre.
- Make sure that you and your fellow traveller(s) are out of the way of traffic.
- Apply the hand/footbrake and put the vehicle in 'park'.
- Loosen the wheel nuts first, but don't remove them! Tip: lefty loosey, righty tighty.
- Then place the jack underneath the vehicle, at the jacking point. See the videos below for further instructions.
Video instructions: changing a tyre
To show you how to change a tyre of your Spaceships, we've collected these instructional videos. These are especially useful if you have never changed a tyre before.
Changing the tyre of your Spaceships campervan
- Beta 2S campervan: this Beta 2S instructional video shows you where the spare tyre is located and how to get it on.
- Rocket campervan: this Rocket instructional video shows you where the spare tyre is located and how to fit it.
- Dream Sleeper Mini: the instructional video will be published mid-May 2018.
- Beta campervan: this instructional video will be published end of May 2018.
Or have a look at the tyre changing manuals (PDF) below:
- How to replace a tyre of the Rocket, Beta or Beta2S (PDF 0.4 MB)
- Dream Sleeper Mini tyre changing tips (PDF 0.4 MB)
How to change a tyre (general tips)
If you do have any questions call us on our freephone number 0800 772 237 (no costs to call us while you are in New Zealand). This number can also be reached from an overseas SIM, as long as you are in New Zealand and don't add the country code.