Video tour of the Beta campervan
How to use the Beta (standard) campervan
Before you start your road trip in New Zealand it’s good to get know your Spaceships Beta campervan a bit better. The Beta campervan has features that differ from the other campervans in our fleet. It can seat 4 people and sleep 2 people making it the perfect vehicle for travelling with friends. Perfect to split the costs of travel.
Instead of reading a boring manual, we have created this instructional video. It’ll show you all the features of our Beta campervan.
Travelling with a baby/child
The Beta (standard) campervan can seat up to 4 people as it has a backseat. Therefore, it’s also the only Spaceships campervan that can be used when travelling with a baby or child. Either bring your own child seat or hire one from us. See our optional accessories list for more info.
Before you start your road trip
Soon it’s time to explore the outer space of New Zealand, but before you start the engine of the Beta the following items are good to know. Make sure you take your time to do these things when picking up your Beta.
- How to adjust the seat, so you’re in a comfortable position.
- Adjust the mirrors so can see traffic behind and around you.
- Doing a few simple checks before you start the engine. Checking things like the lights, windscreen wiper and more.
- The Beta campervan has automatic transmission. If you’re not used to this, you’ll see in this video how easy it is to use.
- Instructions & tips about safe driving in New Zealand
Using the cooking gear
It doesn’t matter what your cooking skills are like. The Beta campervan comes with all cooking gear included. It’s up to you whether you’ll create just eggs on toast or a hearty stew.
The cooking gear of the Beta campervan, and other Spaceships campervans, consists of:
- Pans and kettle
- Plates, forks, knives and spoons
- Cups and glasses… And yes, you’re allowed to take those cool mugs home with you (check the bottom of each mug for info)
- Cutting board and a knife.
- Gas cooker… Two portable gas cookers, so you can use ‘em wherever you want. As long as you put them on a flat surface and don’t use ‘em inside the vehicle.
Sleeping in the Beta campervan (and using the awning)
Our Beta campervan comes with a rear and a side awning. The one thing they have in common is that they are easy to set up.
The side awning is set up on the side of the vehicle (hence the name ‘side awning’) and will extend your living area. It also provides protection from the sun. Perfect to set up an area to have coffee and breakfast in the morning (just add our table & chairs combo when booking your Spaceship).
The rear awning is the tent-like structure that attaches to the back of the Beta campervan. It will create the second sleeping option where you’ll have more space and more ventilation as part of the bed will extend outwards, while you are protected from the elements by the rear awning. Our instructional video will show you exactly how to set it up.
Of course, you can sleep fully inside as well. It’s just what you prefer. The Beta is a versatile campervan, especially with that awesome rear awning.
Mechanical tips like replacing a tyre
Your Beta will be handy to you in excellent condition. Our in-house mechanics will make sure of it. It’s important that you take care of the campervan the same way as we do. Especially on a long road trip, it is important to do a few checks.
- Check the oil level of the Beta campervan
- Make sure the tyre pressure is at the recommended level. Then there’s less wear on the tyres, it’ll be easier and safer to drive (especially in wet or icy weather conditions) and it’s better for the fuel economy of the Beta campervan.
- In case of a flat tyre, the video shows you how to replace a tyre of the Beta. Each Spaceships campervan category has some difference when it comes to replacing a tyre.
Ready for your #spaceshipsroadtrip
That’s it. As soon as you’ve finished watching the Beta campervan instructional video you’ll be an expert on that type of campervan. You are now ready for your road trip. And if there are any questions, just let us know: online or when picking up your Spaceships campervan.
5 reasons to travel in a Beta campervan
- Travelling together is more fun. The Beta campervan (and the Rocket) have the most belted seats in the Spaceships fleet (it can seat up to 4 people).
- As there is a back seat, it is the perfect vehicle when travelling with a child. You’ll find it super easy to fit your child seat (or hire one from us).
- The (swivelling) back seat is also perfect for creating a daytime seating area. Relax with a drink and some snack after a long day of hiking. If you don’t need or don’t want the back seat, we recommend checking out the Beta 2S campervan <LINK> as that one is similar to the Beta but doesn’t have that back seat (more space to move around, to get to your stuff or to set up the bed).
- Unlimited kilometres & being able to drop off at another depot (no extra fees)
- Additional drivers can be added free of charge. There are no hidden fees or extra charges when hiring a Beta campervan. Everything is included in our low prices. No surprises.