Campervan hire in New Zealand made easy
Explore the outer space of New Zealand, with Spaceships campervan hire. New Zealand has so much to offer and the easiest way to see it all is by compact campervan. Enjoy a smoother drive and better handling on the hilly and windy roads in New Zealand. Access places big vehicles can’t go to and save on fuel. Spaceships campervan hire New Zealand has a wide range of vehicles to choose from.
COVID-19 Travel Promise: never lose your deposit
✓ Change or update your booking for free
✓ Cancel at any time or postpone your booking
✓ We guarantee your deposit is never lost and can be moved to a future travel date.
Read more about our promises. You can book a Spaceships campervan with confidence.
Spaceships Rentals New Zealand is COVID Clean Approved
Spaceships New Zealand has extremely high standards for checking and cleaning our campervans. We are proud to have been approved as COVID Clean Business by Qualmark. We will always keep our vehicles cleaned to the highest standards possible. See for more info.
New Zealand campervans that fit your travel plans: budget, space or comfort
Whether you’re looking for the cheapest campervan or a bit more luxury for your New Zealand road trip, we have a campervan that’s perfect for you. Choose from the following categories.
- Beta - the original award-winning Spaceship - The features of this campervan are anything but standard, for instance, the fridge/freezer. It’s perfect for up to 4 travellers as it seats 4 and sleeps 2. It is also the budget option in the Spaceships fleet. More info about the Beta (original) campervan.
- Beta 2S - the most spacious Spaceships campervan - More space and a more discrete look, that’s what this campervan model is all about. It seats & sleeps 2 travellers. More info about the Beta 2S (spacious) campervan.
- Dream Sleeper Mini - the comfort campervan - This campervan is made for glamping. It has the most luxurious features (for instance a bigger fridge) and is still easy to drive. And it comes with even more features included, for example, a modern stereo with Bluetooth, SatNav and a rearview camera built-in. More info about the Dream Sleeper Mini (comfort) campervan. Hire one for exploring New Zealand in style.
Not sure which campervan to select for your upcoming New Zealand road trip? Compare all campervans and see the specifications and features of each Spaceships New Zealand campervan. Each campervan has all sleeping & cooking gear included. See photos and videos of each campervan and find your perfect campervan to hire in New Zealand.
Self-contained campervans to travel off the grid
Travelling in a certified self-contained campervan is a great way to explore New Zealand while staying off the grid longer. These campervans come with a toilet, bigger water tanks and a solar panel on the roof for extra charging power (to charge the campervan's battery when standing still). A new campervan category launched in 2021.
- Self-contained campervan (Beta 2S SC) - The self-contained campervan Beta 2S SC is fully certified self-contained according to the latest rules & regulations. It is the first campervan category in the Spaceships fleet that comes with a toilet and all other features required by the self-containment certification process. It also comes with a solar panel on its roof for extra charging power. All this enables travellers to stay off the grid for longer and to fully explore the outer space of New Zealand.
- Beta 2S Stealth SC - self-contained campervan is also completely unbranded. There are no stickers or logos on the Beta 2S SC - self-contained. This campervan has everything needed for staying off the grid: toilet, sink with running water, big water tanks (freshwater and wastewater), solar panels and more.
Upgrade your rental car experience: unbranded campervans that look like a car
The best and most flexible way to discover New Zealand is by rental car or campervan. At Spaceships, we can now offer you a better rental car experience. Our unbranded vehicles are just like a rental car (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) from the outside but are a real campervan on the inside. Now you can explore New Zealand like a local, in a vehicle without any logos or stickers.
Dream Sleeper Mini Stealth - an unbranded version of the famous Dream Sleeper Mini campervan. However, the DS Mini Stealth model is complete without logos and stickers so no one can tell that it is a rental vehicle. Explore New Zealand is a luxury unbranded vehicle that comes with more included than a regular rental car. All cooking & sleeping gear is included.
All Stealth models drive just as easy as a regular rental car, they are equipped with automatic transmission. If camping isn't your cup of tea you can use the cooking equipment to make some coffee, heat up some soup or make a quick meal after a long day of hiking. Simply drive to a hotel, motel or hostel and park the car so you can spend the night in regular accommodation. And if you like to try camping for a night or two, go for it. The sleeping equipment is included for free.
Why hire your campervan at Spaceships?
The only surprise you’ll have is how easy our campervans are to drive. They truly drive like a good car and sleep like a campervan. Anyone (18+ years of age) with a valid driving licence can drive a Spaceships campervan. Hire one today and start exploring New Zealand.
Our campervans are in excellent condition. Our mechanics take good care of their babies. Standard insurance is included and we offer various insurance upgrade options for complete peace of mind. And if something does happen on your road trip, it’s good to know that 24-hour roadside assistance is included. We’ll take care of you. No worries. It's all part of Our Promises to You.
Worry-free booking: update or change when needed
See our campervans and select the campervan hire category that suits your travel plans best. If your plans change, no worries. You can update your campervan booking before the day of pick-up. You can always change the selected campervan category (subject to availability), add or remove accessories or add an extra driver (another free service of Spaceships). And if your plans change drastically, you can cancel your booking for free (within 7 days of making the booking) or keep it as credit to be used later. We're flexible.
Are you ready for your #spaceshipsroadtrip?