Campervan hire in New Zealand made easy
Explore the outer space of New Zealand, with Spaceships campervan hire. New Zealand has so much to offer and the easiest way to see it all is by compact campervan. Enjoy a smoother drive and better handling on the hilly and windy roads in New Zealand. Access places big vehicles can’t go to and save on fuel. Spaceships campervan hire New Zealand has a wide range of vehicles to choose from.
COVID-19 Travel Promise: never lose your deposit
✓ Change or update your booking for free
✓ Cancel at any time or postpone your booking
✓ We guarantee your deposit is never lost and can be moved to a future travel date.
Read more about our promises. You can book a Spaceships campervan with confidence.
New Zealand campervans: from budget to luxury campervans
Whether you’re looking for the cheapest campervan or a bit more luxury for your New Zealand road trip, we have a campervan that’s perfect for you. Choose from the following categories.
- Budget (Rocket) – Probably the cheapest campervan you’ll find in New Zealand. The combination of the super low rates throughout the year and the many quality features, make this the perfect campervan for budget-conscious travellers. The Rocket (budget) campervan seats 4 people and sleeps 2 people.
- Standard (Beta) – The features of this campervan are anything but standard, for instance, the fridge/freezer. It’s perfect for up to 4 travellers as it seats 4 and sleeps 2. More info about the Beta (standard) campervan.
- Premium (Beta 2S) – More space and a more discrete look, that’s what this campervan model is all about. It seats & sleeps 2 travellers. More info about the Beta 2S (premium) campervan.
- Luxury (Dream Sleeper Mini) – This campervan is made for glamping. It has the most luxurious features (for instance a bigger fridge) and is still easy to drive. And it comes with even more features included, for example, a modern stereo with Bluetooth, SatNav and a rearview camera built-in. More info about the Dream Sleeper Mini (luxury) campervan. Hire one for exploring New Zealand in style.
- Beta 4-berth (rooftop tent) campervan - The only New Zealand campervan in the Spaceships range that can seat and sleep up to 4 people. Two comfortable double beds, one inside the vehicle and one on top of the vehicle in the high-quality rooftop tent. The Beta 4-berth is the perfect campervan for families, two couples or travellers wanting to have separate beds.
Not sure which campervan to select for your upcoming New Zealand road trip? Compare all campervans and see the specifications and features of each Spaceships New Zealand campervan. Each campervan has all sleeping & cooking gear included. See photos and videos of each campervan and find your perfect campervan to hire in New Zealand.
Upgrade your rental car experience
The best and most flexible way to discover New Zealand is by rental car or campervan. At Spaceships, we can now offer you a better rental car experience. Our unbranded vehicles are just like a rental car (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) from the outside but are a real campervan on the inside. Now you can explore New Zealand like a local, in a vehicle without any logos or stickers.
- Beta 2S Stealth premium - an unbranded version of the Beta 2S campervan. The Beta 2S Stealth model has the same features (seats & sleeps 2), doesn't have a backseat (more space to move around) and comes with all cooking and sleeping gear. The biggest difference is: no logos at all on the Stealth vehicles.
- Dream Sleeper Mini Stealth luxury - an unbranded version of the famous Dream Sleeper Mini campervan. However, the DS Mini Stealth model is complete without logos and stickers so no one can tell that it is a rental vehicle. Explore New Zealand is a luxury unbranded vehicle that comes with more included than a regular rental car. All cooking & sleeping gear is included.
All Stealth models drive just as easy as a regular rental car, they are equipped with automatic transmission. If camping isn't your cup of tea you can use the cooking equipment to make some coffee, heat up some soup or make a quick meal after a long day of hiking. Simply drive to a hotel, motel or hostel and park the car so you can spend the night in regular accommodation. And if you like to try camping for a night or two, go for it. The sleeping equipment is included for free.
New in 2020/2021: motorhomes for hire
The Spaceships fleet is just like the universe, an ever-expanding entity. New models are being added regularly and now we are proudly announcing the arrival of the bigger Space crafts: Sun Living self-contained motorhomes. Our range of motorhomes are fully Certified Self-Contained and can seat and sleep up to 7 people. These motorhomes are perfect for going further off the beaten track in New Zealand.
Browse our range of motorhomes.
Why hire your campervan at Spaceships?
The only surprise you’ll have is how easy our campervans are to drive. They truly drive like a good car and sleep like a campervan. Anyone (18+ years of age) with a valid driving licence can drive a Spaceships campervan. Hire one today and start exploring New Zealand.
Our campervans are in excellent condition. Our mechanics take good care of their babies. Standard insurance is included and we offer various insurance upgrade options for complete peace of mind. And if something does happen on your road trip, it’s good to know that 24-hour roadside assistance is included. We’ll take care of you. No worries. It's all part of Our Promises to You.
Worry-free booking: update or change when needed
See our campervans and select the campervan hire category that suits your travel plans best. If your plans change, no worries. You can update your campervan booking before the day of pick-up. You can always change the selected campervan category (subject to availability), add or remove accessories or add an extra driver (another free service of Spaceships). And if your plans change drastically, you can cancel your booking for free (within 7 days of making the booking) or keep it as credit to be used later. We're flexible.
Are you ready for your #spaceshipsroadtrip?