Campervan hire under 21: what do I need to know?
Posted on 20/08/2018 by Spaceships Crew
At Spaceships, we like to make your road trip through New Zealand as easy as possible. Anyone (with a valid driving licence) can hire our campervans. So yes, this means that you can hire a campervan from us when you’re under 21.
To hire one of our customised campervans you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid driving licence (if yours doesn’t have the words driver’s license in English on it, make sure to bring an International Driving Licence. More info about using an overseas or provisional driving licence in New Zealand.
Detailed info about campervan hire under 21
You’re probably wondering what does it mean when you’re hiring a Spaceships campervan when you’re between 18 and 21 years of age. Well, it isn’t any different from hiring a Spaceships by travellers over the age of 21.
Campervan hire under 21 at Spaceships means:
- You can hire a campervan.
- The same low excess applies (info about insurance/excess options).
- No hidden fees and no extra fees. Even if you're going for a one-way trip, we don't charge extra. Our prices include it all; we have nothing to hide.
- Our campervans drive like a car, so they're really easy to drive.
- Heaps of stuff is included, like bedding & linen, cutlery & crockery, and free guidebooks (see all that's included).
- You save heaps as our campervans run on regular petrol and are fuel-efficient.
Hiring a Spaceships campervan under 21 is the same is hiring when you’re over 21. It’s that easy for all travellers.
Compare all campervans you can hire
No matter your age, under 21 or over 21 it doesn’t matter, you can choose from these Spaceships:
- Rocket, our budget campervan (perfect to hire when under 21 and on a budget)
- Beta, our standard campervan (popular with all travellers, under 21s and over 21s)
- Beta 2S, premium campervan Spaceship (more space as it doesn't have a backseat)
- Dream Sleeper Mini, the most luxurious Spaceships campervan
Posted by Spaceships Crew
10 ways to improve your driving in New Zealand... And to save money
Latest blog posts in Driving in New Zealand: how-to, tips & tricks
Who will win the battle of the camping vehicles?
So you're ready to explore New Zealand? Great stuff. The next step is deciding how you want to travel around. There are so many rental options...
How to secure the cheapest Cook Strait ferry rate
To answer the question which part of New Zealand is more beautiful (North or South Island) you’ll need to cross Cook Strait by ferry. It’s just...
The best ways to get a discount on petrol in New Zealand
If you are like most people and want to save on fuel, there are a few courses of action that you can take to get a...
The easiest and cheapest Cook Strait crossing: Bluebridge ferry
If you want to explore as much of New Zealand as possible, you'll have to cross Cook Strait to go from the North to the South...