Dogs in Space
Features of the dog-friendly campervan
- Seats 3 | Sleeps 2
- Back seat (85cm wide)
- USB ports (for charging): 2
- Storage space for luggage
- Bring your dog: no extra fees
- Baby/child seat capability: 1
- Smart 12V battery system
- Water tank (10 litres)
- Fridge/freezer (15 litres)
- 2x gas cooker
- Cooking gear & camping tableware
- Bedding & linen
"Perfect van for a perfect trip."Amandine, from France
Why travellers love going for a #spaceshipsroadtrip
- One-way included
- Additional drivers free of charge
- Pay 10% now, remaining 90% later
- Unlimited kilometres
- Same low price for young drivers
- Free to update booking before pick-up
- 24-hour roadside service
- Drives like a car (automatic)
- Basic insurance with 3rd party cover
- Free guidebooks & travel app
- Free after-hours & weekend service
- Free goodie bag: NZ SIM card + more
"Spaceship is a super convenient way to explore NZ solo."Jess, from New Zealand
Compare to other campervans
|Engine size:||2.4 litre (petrol)|
|Fuel; economy:||60 litres; 9-10 litres / 100 km|
|Aircon & heating:||yes|
|Stereo:||Radio + 4-way speakers + AUX cable|
|Cigarette lighter socket:||yes|
|Double bed:||1.4m wide x 1.9m long|
|Bed extension:||up to 2.3m long (optional)|
|Lockable storage:||1.04m length x 0.54m width x 0.33m (h)|
|Rear awning:||yes (included)|
|Awning:||sunshade 1.5m x 1.5m (optional)|
|Vehicle dimensions:||4.6m length x 1.6m width x 1.8m height|
Beta Dog-Friendly campervan photos
Explore New Zealand together
No fee to bring your dog
The only Spaceship for dog fans
Super relaxed in the Beta Dog-Friendly campervan
Beta Dog-Friendly Campervan
Explore New Zealand by campervan
Campervan with cooking gear included
Bring your dog and explore New Zealand together
Travelling together is better
Camping & hiking with your dog
Comfy & dog-friendly campervan
Explore New Zealand with your dog
Cooking gear included
This campervan comes with a fridge/freezer
Lots of storage space for dog accessories
Everything included to create a yummy meal
He just loves our dog-friendly campervan
Easy to use cooking area
Amazing views from your campervan
Experience New Zealand with your dog
Sleep fully inside in comfy double bed
Lazy sunday in your comfy campervan
Rear awning included for extra ventilation
It'll be a great #spaceshipsroadtrip
Optional accessory: mosquito nets
Travel together with your dog
Easy to attach mosquito nets
Space to relax after a long walk with the dog
Dogs in Space: only at Spaceships Rentals
Advantages of a Spaceships campervan
Free to make changes before pick-up
Free travel app & guidebooks
Contactless pick-up 24/7 (free service)
Flexible booking options included. Spaceships NZ cares!
- It's free to change your booking before day of pick-up
- You will never lose your deposit, even if you missed free cancellation
- Travel credit can be used within 2 years in all Spaceships countries
The Beta Pets aka dog-friendly campervan is the only Spaceships campervan that is built for you and your canine friend. Or any other pet. You can bring 'em all to explore New Zealand together. Spaceships are one of the few rentals companies that has a campervan option for dogs. And no hidden or nasty extra fees for cleaning. There are no hidden fees at Spaceships. The price you see is the price you'll pay. We look to keep hiring a campervan as easy as possible.
Features of the Beta Dog-Friendly campervan
The Beta Dog-Friendly campervan comes with a swivelable (fixed) backseat, perfect for relaxing after a long hike with the dog. Or a comfy couch to lie on for your dog. Travelling together is so much more fun. The campervan has two sliding doors, making it super easy to get into the vehicle. Or to get to the storage area which is located under the bed area. Easy as.
And you don’t need to bring any sleeping bags or sheets as the Beta Dog-Friendly campervan comes fully equipped with all sleeping gear: sheets, duvet and pillows. The same goes for the cooking gear, everything you need to create yummy campervan-cooked meals is included: gas cooker, pans, utensils, plates, cups and cutlery. You just need to add some ingredients, which can be bought from a supermarket close to our depots.
Travelling together is better
The Beta Pets edition campervan means you don’t have to leave your pooch behind. A large percentage of Kiwi households have a dog. We all know how much they love a road trip - the window down, the wind in their hair and not a care in the world. They add so much love and enjoyment to any situation so now you can take them with you.
There is a huge range of dog-friendly accommodation so you don’t just have to camp. You can stay with friends or family or at hotels, motels, holiday homes, baches, bed and breakfasts (B&Bs), apartments, lodges, farm stays, backpackers, and campgrounds throughout New Zealand. There are no additional fees to take your dog on a campervan road trip. At Spaceships, we believe in a great rate and we don't have any hidden or extra fees. There's no extra fee to take your dog on a road trip.
Now you can travel together with your pooch and explore New Zealand together. It's Dogs In Space. Make sure to use #dogsinspace when posting photos of your road trip in the dog-friendly campervan. And of course, #spaceshipsroadtrip.
We love dogs too... Our rules are simple.
Dogs are normally well behaved but please respect our terms and conditions around any damages that your dog. Dogs are allowed in our Beta Dog-Friendly campervan only. Your dog may sleep inside the vehicle but please ensure it is in its own bed.
When booking our dog-friendly campervan, you agree to
- Make good any damages caused to our Vehicle by your dog or anyone else’s dog irrespective of which Insurance policy you have chosen.
- Bring your own bed for your dog as well as a leash, drinking and eating bowls, toys and bags for correctly disposing of any waste.
- Be respectful and responsible throughout your trip and follow the different rules.
- Return the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition.
- In the event that the vehicle is returned in an unacceptable manner due to unreasonable damage or soiling caused by your pet, we reserve the right to charge an additional fee to your credit card. Please note that costs arising from damage and soiling caused by pets are not covered by the excess reduction plans. These costs are the responsibility of the hirer.
- A limit of two well behaved, registered dogs is allowed.
- Your dog must have been treated for fleas
- While travelling, you must safely restrain your pets in the rear of the vehicle, avoiding the possibility of distracting the driver.
Book the Beta Dog-Friendly campervan without worries
From start to finish, roadtripping in the Beta Dog-Friendly campervan will be worry-free. Our Promises will guarantee you a great #spaceshipsroadtrip. You can change your travel dates free of charge before the day of pick-up (subject to availability). The Beta is – like all Spaceships campervans – well-maintained and in excellent shape. This campervan is ready for your road trip. Are you ready to become a Space Traveller?