Features of Beta 4-berth with rooftop tent
- Seats 5 | Sleeps 4
- Back seat
- USB ports (for charging gadgets): 2
- Storage space for luggage
- More discrete and premium look
- Baby/child seat capability: 2
- Smart 12V battery system
- Water tank (10 litres)
- Fridge/freezer (15 litres)
- 2x gas cooker
- Cooking gear & camping tableware
- Bedding & linen
"Really reliable car. The bed was comfy."Sarah, from France
Why fellow travellers loved their #spaceshipsroadtrip
- One-way included
- Contactless pick-up & drop-ff
- Additional drivers free of charge
- Unlimited kilometres
- 24-hour roadside service
- Free to update booking before pick-up
- Drives like a car (automatic)
- Same low excess for 18+ year olds
- Basic insurance with 3rd party cover
- Free guidebooks & travel app
- Free after-hours & weekend service
- Free goodie bag: NZ SIM card + more
"very comfortable and had everything we needed "Julie, from Australia
Compare to other campervans
|Engine size:||2.4 litre (petrol)|
|Fuel; economy::||60 litres; 11-12 litres / 100 km|
|Aircon & heating:||yes|
|Stereo:||Radio + 4-way speakers + AUX cable|
|Cigarette lighter socket:||yes|
|Awning:||sunshade 1.5m x 1.5m (optional)|
|Bed (inside):||1.4m wide x 1.9m long|
|Extension inside bed:||yes (30% more space & ventilation)|
|Bed (rooftop tent):||1.62m wide x 1.98m long|
|Luggage storage:||1.04m length x 0.54m width x 0.33m height|
|Rear awning:||yes (included)|
|Vehicle dimensions:||4.6m lenght x 1.6m width x 2.3m height|
|Vehicle interior height:||1.2m|
|Rooftop tent:||1.04m height inside|
|Total drive height:||2.30m|
More photos of Beta 4-berth rooftop camping
Family fun with Beta 4-berth campervan
All cooking gear included: cook yummy meals
Enjoy the views from the rooftop tent
Comfy & durable rooftop tent with double bed
Enjoy amazingviews from the rooftop tent
Perfect campervan for a travelling family
All cooking gear included with Beta 4-berth camper
Beta 4-berth can seat up to 5 people
Extend bed outwards to relax and enjoy views
Versatile compact 4-berth campervan
Beta 4-berth + rooftop tent
Seats 5, sleeps 4
Beta 4-berth is easy to set-up
When folded you hardly notice the rooftop tent
3 travellers can sit on the backseat
Perfect for 2 kids and plenty of space for road tr
Backseat of the Beta 4-berth: 2 + 1
Everything that is included with Beta 4-berth
All cooking gear included, fridge/freezer as well
Stock the fridge with NZ wine or snacks
Lockable storea area for your luggage
Optional mosquito nets for Beta 4-berth
Optional mosquito nets are easy to attach
Add optional accessories like table & chairs
Rooftop tent is super easy to set up
Easy access to rooftop tent via ladder
Enjoy spectacular views from the penthouse
High-quality European design roodtop tent
Ready for your road trip with the Beta 4-berth?
Drives like a car, sleeps like a campervan
Advantages of a Spaceships campervan
Free to make changes before pick-up
Free travel app & guidebooks
Contactless pick-up 24/7 (free service)
Flexible booking options included. Spaceships NZ cares!
- It's free to change your booking before day of pick-up
- You will never lose your deposit, even if you missed free cancellation
- Travel credit can be used within 2 years in all Spaceships countries.
The Beta 4-berth family campervan with a high-quality Europen designed rooftop tent can seat up to 5 people and sleep up to 4 people. It is the perfect camping solution for travellers that require more than a 2-people compact campervan. The Beta 4-berth is the only Spaceships New Zealand campervan that can seat & sleep more people. Perfect for families, travelling friends or couples travelling together.
The features that make the Beta 4-berth such a fantastic campervan
The Beta 4-berth is a Spaceships Beta campervan with a James Baroud rooftop tent on it. It can seat & sleep up to 4 people. Share the costs of travel with mates or make it a super-romantic road trip. The view from the top is amazing. It's like having a penthouse on your campervan.
✓ Internal lighting
✓ Wind and weatherproof
✓ 360-degree panoramic views
✓ 162cm wide x 198cm long bed
✓ Cost-effective travel for four people
✓ The pod has solar-powered ventilation and insect-proof netting
✓ Top-quality, resilient and dependable rooftop tent made in Europe by James Baroud.
✓ USB ports for charging gadgets - the Beta 4-berth comes with USB ports for charging your electronic devices.
Advantages of the James Baroud rooftop tent
The rooftop tent of the Beta 4-berth campervan is made by James Baroud, a leader in tough, resilient and dependable rooftop tents for outdoor & camping fans. Spaceships are using the James Baroud pod rooftop tent as they are high-quality and easy to use rood top tents for a camping road trip in New Zealand.
- Assisted opening - Setting op the rooftop tent is super easy due to the patented gas strut-assisted opening mechanism. You're able to set up the rooftop tent in less than 30 seconds.
- Comfortable mattress - The mattress in the Beta 4-berth rooftop tent is made from 7.62cm (3 inches) thick high-density foam. All Space Travellers will have a good night's sleep, no matter if they're sleeping inside the family campervan or inside the James Baroud rooftop tent.
- Getting in and out - Inside the rooftop tent, you'll find the aluminium ladder to make entering and getting out of the rooftop tent super easy. After setting up the rooftop tent, you just have to take the ladder, remove its cover and set it up next to the campervan and rooftop tent. Attach it via the hooks and you'll have a secure way to get into the rooftop tent.
- Storage - The rooftop tent of this family campervan is just as versatile as the campervan itself. There is a reason Spaceships aka the Swiss Army Knife of campervans opted for James Baroud rooftop tents. You'll find handy storage options inside the rooftop tent. Store keys, your wallet, phone etc. Larger items can easily be stored in the ceiling storage net.
- Wind and rain performance - James Baroud rooftop tents can cope with the ever-changing New Zealand weather. They are built to withstand our 4 seasons in a day. These rooftop tents have been tested extensively. They are, for example, able to withstand winds up to 100 km (62 miles) per hour.
- The fabric of the rooftop tent - The James Baroud rooftop tent utilises proprietary aluminized polyester with an acrylic coating that is 100% waterproof, breathable, UV-resistant, non-perishable, and solar-reﬂective. All windows are covered with quality insect-proof netting.
- LED lighting - There is always light in the dark. You'll find a bright 15-LED rechargeable flashlight in the rooftop tent. This one is portable and can be removed and carried around the campsite to find your way in the dark. The LED-light includes a charge indicator as well as a USB charging cord.
- Ventilation - Worried about it being too warm in the rooftop tent in the New Zealand summer? No need to. The James Baroud engineers have included a unique electric ventilation fan powered by a sealed solar panel on top of the tent shell. The ventilation fan is completely waterproof and can run on 24 hours on a single charge. Additional air vents with integrated dust filters on each side of the tent provide air circulation inside while the tent is closed.
A versatile family campervan
The Beta 4-berth campervan is a genuine 5-seater, 2 people will sit on the two front seats (Space Captain and the Co-Pilot) while the 3 passengers sit on the backseat and the seat next to it. The extra, fifth seat is a single seat that is located beside the rear bench seat. It has its own anchor point and shoulder belt.
It's ideal for families with 2 kids in the back. Then they have an anchor point each, shoulder belt each and a gap between them for the kids’ toys or gear. Both kids will be able to enjoy the road trip without getting in each other’s way.
Beta 4-berth is more than just a family campervan
As this campervan can seat up to 5 people and sleep up to 4 people, it is often referred to as a family campervan but it so much more. Lots of different travellers will love the Beta 4-berth campervan.
- Two couples travelling together - Travelling together is more fun. The Beta 4-berth has two separate double beds (one inside the campervan and one inside the rooftop tent), so it's perfect for travelling couples. It'll save you lots of money when compared to a 4-berth campervan based on a cargo van model.
- Two travellers wanting separate beds - two friends travelling together will benefit from the fact that the Beta 4-sleeper van has two separate beds.
- A couple travelling with a friend (3 people travelling - Again, the benefit of having two separate beds.
- Family travelling with 1 or 2 infants/babies - The Beta 4-berth family campervan can be fitted with 2 baby or child seats, making it the perfect campervan for parents travelling with1 or 2 kids. No need to go for a big, expensive campervan or motorhome. A family of 4 can sleep comfortably in this family campervan.
- 2 Travellers that require more space and want to enjoy the amazing views from the rooftop tent - Honeymooners that want to wake-up and enjoy the amazing 360-degrees view from the penthouse aka rooftop tent